Hello Hueytown Elementary students and parents! We are Kelly Cooper and Ariel Brown, the school counselors. The 2016-2017 school year will be Ms. Cooper’s 6th year and Ms. Brown’s 1st year working at Hueytown Elementary and we are excited to service you!
As a school counselor, we perform the following roles in order to promote positive development in academic, career, and personal/social domains:
- Individual counseling
- Small group counseling
- Classroom guidance (i.e. Large group counseling)
- Attend and participate in academic intervention meetings
- Organize and administer building testing
- Observe students in various school environments
- Consult and collaborate with parents, teachers, administrators, social workers, and students
- Respond to school crises or emergency situations
- Provide information and resources to parents on a variety of issues
For more information on us please visit our individual pages.