The mission of the Hueytown Elementary School’s professional school counseling program is to provide comprehensive developmental counseling that ensures every student achieves the highest possible education in the areas of academic, career, and personal/social development through a collaborative partnership with teachers, parents, and the community.
How are the services provided?
- classroom guidance is planned throughout the year for each class
- age appropriate lessons to teach, practice, & engage is social & study skills
Responsive Student Services:
- small group support
- individual interventions
- response to crisis situations
- consult with teachers, families, & specialists
- resource referral
Individual Student Planning:
- academic goal setting
- prepare for transitions
- advocate for the school & program
- collaborate with community
- professional development